Get the Treatment You Need with Our Psychiatric Therapy Programme at Hartbeespoort
We all face challenges during our lifetimes, and sometimes these challenges are harder to identify than others. When it comes to physical challenges, such as illnesses, it is normally quite easy for a doctor or medical practitioner to identify the illness and make diagnoses based upon blood tests and examinations of the patient. As a result, they are quite likely to be able to prescribe treatment that will improve the condition or cure the illness.
When it comes to mental illnesses, however, it often takes a long time for the patient to realise that they suffer from a condition, and these conditions can also be a lot harder to identify and treat because they are invisible. Often, there is also a stigma attached to mental illnesses, so people avoid seeking treatment because they don???t want to be seen as mentally deficient or ???crazy???.
At Beethoven Recovery Centre, we have started running our own psychiatric therapy programme at Hartbeespoort, and here we provide a safe space for people who are facing mental challenges. Our very modern psychiatric unit provides therapy and treatment for people suffering from depression, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders and conversion disorders, and our programme provides the ideal recovery environment for anyone suffering with mental disorders.
Our psychiatric therapy programme at Hartbeespoort focuses on providing all the elements that are needed for recovery ??? medical assistance, psychiatric attention and treatment, as well as individual and group therapy. Occupational therapy also forms part of our treatment programme. We believe that a mental disorder doesn???t have to affect your normal life, and we help you to get into a position where you can lead a normal life, despite your challenges. We also place great emphasis on group therapy, because we believe in the benefits that it provides. At first, the idea of group therapy may intimidate people ??? who really wants to share their stories with strangers? But, once in the sessions, most people are surprised by how much value and the many rewards they draw from these group sessions. It is, however, important to be in the right group at the right time, and our mental health professionals ensure that all our clients entering our mental health treatment or recovery programme are ready for group sessions before they start taking part in the them.
Benefits of Group Therapy as a Part of a Mental Health Programme
- Provides a support system: It can be very reassuring to hear that other people also have similar issues, feelings and challenges, and as a result, the patient does not feel so alone on their journey. The group also provides support and relief for each other.
- Sounding board: Often, people see things from another perspective, and this helps to analyse certain situations better. The group members may see a particular issue completely differently, and hearing them talk about how the situation or reaction comes across can be hugely beneficial, and help the patient to deal with certain problems and situations a lot better.
- Encouragement: It helps to hear how others achieved success in overcoming similar challenges and how they dealt with this journey. Knowing that someone else has managed to get better or coped with an illness gives hope and encouragement. They can also offer advice on how they overcame these challenges. This helps patients to push themselves a lot harder towards recovery.
- Social interaction and communication skills: Because those who find themselves dealing with a mental health issue tend to isolate themselves, being in a group provides an opportunity to re-enter a social sphere and engage with others again. Group therapy also helps to strengthen communication skills and better the patient???s problem-solving techniques.
- Learning about the self: Because we live our lives subjectively, it is good to learn about how we are perceived through the eyes of others, and also to see ourselves in their stories. This helps to identify the blind spots that may be harming recovery and preventing the patient from dealing with issues successfully.
At Beethoven Recovery Centre, we provide you with all the help, skills and tools you need to overcome mental challenges you are facing, as our psychiatric therapy programme is designed for maximum effectiveness. Our centre is comfortable and beautiful, and we will provide you with a safe environment for recovery. All you have to do is focus on getting better.
If you, a relative or friend is currently facing mental challenges, please speak to our team about our psychiatric therapy programme at Hartbeespoort.