How do I arrange for admission at Beethoven Recovery Centre?
What is required prior to admission?
We will provide you with adequate information prior to admission regarding our requirements and what to bring along.
The most important requirements are:
- A hospital authorisation number which is obtained by the patient wanting to be admitted or by his/her referring practitioner. We will provide a pre-authorisation form towards this end that must be completed and sent to us before admission.
- Your Medical Aid card and Identity Document.
- A deposit which can be paid for via EFT, cash or credit/debit card.
- For rehabilitation patients this deposit is used for medication, laundry and the kiosk.
- For psychiatric patients this deposit is used for kiosk purchases and laundry only since medication is fully covered by medical aids.
*Please note: Kiosk and laundry deposits are not compulsory. However, if no deposit is paid then no purchases from the Kiosk can be made and laundry cannot be done as we are a cashless establishment.
- Any medication (especially chronic medication) in its original packaging that is currently being used. A medical practitioner will re-prescribe what is deemed appropriate.
- An arranged admission time.
Why the need for a kiosk and laundry deposit?
In order to promote the safety and security of patients as well as to reduce the temptation of trying to trade in illicit substances or goods, having a cashless environment is of great importance.
I have no transport available, how do I get to Beethoven Recovery Centre?
Am I expected to attend group sessions?
What are the groups about?
- Boundaries & Assertiveness
- Self-esteem & Identity
- Understanding a diagnosis and managing it
- Skills for handling of conflict, stress, burn-out etc.
Groups are divided into theoretical groups and groups that are more practical. Arts and crafts are presented within occupational therapy groups. Relaxation and sports activities are presented within occupational therapy groups.
How many groups do I attend a day?
Do I have free time available?
Accommodation & duration of stay
How long will I be expected to stay?
- Patients are expected to complete a 21 – 24 day primary programme.
- The length of stay depends on acuity and is determined by a psychiatrist. The average length of stay is 12 days.
Will I be allowed visitors during my stay?
Due to COVID- 19 regulations, all visiting hours have been cancelled until further notice.
Visitors will only be allowed by arrangement of a Medical Practitioner, in terms of valid healthcare consulting reasons. This must be cleared with security beforehand.
Can I have my own room?
Am I allowed use of my laptop, tablet and cellphone?
Cellphones may be kept during the day. However, they should be turned off during individual and group sessions.
What will my stay cost me?
- Depending on your medical aid a co-payment may be required on admission. Non-chronic medicine is claimed from your savings benefit, and where said benefit is exhausted, will be deducted from the deposit.
- Medical practitioners, diagnostics and allied healthcare services are covered by most medical aids.
- Our daily tariff for the psychiatric hospital is contracted with medical aids and can vary.
- No co-payments are required and medicine is claimed from your in-hospital benefit.
- Medical practitioners, diagnostics and allied healthcare services are covered by all medical aids.
- You may pay a deposit should you wish to make use of the kiosk and laundry.
For private patients:
- Please contact us directly and ask for a quotation.